Wednesday, March 11

**Daddy's BIGGEST Fan**

Starting last Monday (I was out town so I missed the pictures from the first week) Kyle has started playing softball in the church softball league with our church, Barnwell Baptist. I was glad for this time of year to come around again- Addi & I enjoyed cheering him on in Fall Ball and since then she has accumulated so many more words, sounds, and ATTITUDES that I was anxious to see how she would react.

Kyle did wonderful in his games. Making key plays, leg-tearing-up slides, base hits, & a few mistakes but most of all Addi was so proud of him. Every time I would point him out to her she would clap! Church softball isn't as intense as regular ball- some players are out there to play and others just to have a good time.

It is interesting to see Kyle in that kind of setting- to observe him and see what he will do to motivate the ones who don't play as hard as the others. That's what I am praying for our family this week- that Kyle finds the strength to motivate & lead instead of follow. That's not a challenge he has very often (because I am so bossy- at least I am honest!) but I pray that he can persevere and learn from this experience.

Beyond her looks- determination is the predominate thing she gets from her Daddy. Some people call it 'spoiled' and 'used to getting her way' but I am choosing to call it determination ;-).
She learns so much from him but if I had to pick one of the many qualities he has I would pick this one. He works so hard at everything he aspires to do and she is the same way.

Ok..... Back to Addi at the softball game:

I was so surprised to see how attentive she was to the game- if everyone around her was clapping she was clapping (she is a "cheer for whomever has the ball" girl). A few children from the church were there and Aunt Carly, Uncle Graham, & Queenie met us at the ball park to watch Kyle play.

We had a blast at Monday night ball and I look forward to being able to post many more pictures of this recurring event. Here is Addison with Kyle (he is the blue speck to the left of the guy in the red- ha!)

No comments: