Friday, March 6

March 1st South Alabama forcast:: SNOW!?

As Catherine, Diana, & I started driving towards conference- just about 30 miles North of Mobile it started to SNOW!? So blogging me had to whip out my camera and take every snow picture I could. None of us could believe it! I mean we have had a few snow flakes before but nothing like this. At one point we had to pull over because it was sticking to the interstate and we could not see 50 yards in front us!-not to mention Hertz left us with almost useless windshield wipers- I guess they were not expecting it to snow!

Priester's Pecans

Fort Deposit Sign
If you can look closely out of the back window of the car you can see the people sledding down the hill between the north and south bound interstate lanes!!!! ONLY IN ALABAMA! I guess they did not think about sliding into lanes of traffic or if someone were to hydroplane on ice and come barelling at them!


McDonalds in Clanton


Walmart in Clanton (we had to stop to get windshield wipers! Look at the snow fall in the background)
Just North of Montgomery
So the ride to conference was very eventful and cold but whenever we got to Nashville we stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel- which is 48 acres and enough hotel to never leave for the whole time we were there! The hotel had about 4,000 rooms and restaurants and *FUN FACT* It can hold 4 weddings with up to 200 people AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

We had a blast and learned tons- I can't wait to take Addison and Kyle there!


The Delta Atrium- which is the main one of the 4!




Catherine & Diana




We are about a mile and a half away from the hotel at this point and I STILL can't fit it all into my view finder! You can see the glass tops of all 4 of the Atriums.

The dancing fountains are behind me- at night they come on in the main atrium and dance to the music.




As we were leaving Diana & I ate at the Rainforest Cafe in the Opry Mills Mall next to the Grand Old Opry House. We took some cute pictures and got great surprises for the husbands and kids!!!



No comments: